Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Romeo and Juliet

Assignment: Write a letter to an advice columnist requesting help with the problem of falling in love with someone whom you are not suppose to love. First, make a list of reasons why you fell your love is doomed. Next, write a letter that explains the points on your list and ask for advice on a course of action. After you have written your letter as Romeo or Juliet, write a response as the advice columnist. In a reassuring voice, suggest to Romeo or Juliet how he or she might handle this difficult situation.

---------------------------------------------------  Letter from Romeo ------------------------------------------
Mr. Hunter
Advice columnist
78655 Goodly Avenue
Lithonia, GA 30058


Dear Mr. Hunter:


            I am in a tough situation because my lover is in a household that my family has hatred for. The ideas running through my mind are like lighting during a bad storm. The things I am thinking will either get me in trouble, killed or worst, banished. I believe banishment is worst because then I would not be able to see my sweet love, talk to her in person, or make love to her. I would be like a dried up grape out in the middle of nowhere by myself. I would rather die trying to be with her then to be banished from her!


You see Mr. Hunter the love of my life is a member of the family my family has great hatred for! The Capulet family’s name means only trouble when mixed up with the name Montague. I am a Montague and my family has despised the Capulet for as long as I can remember. Despite all of this, the love I feel for this girl is remarkably incredible. The fact that I have feelings for a Capulet is amazing, but to be in love with daughter of old Capulet and Lady Capulet is incredible.


When I first spotted her, I had to have her. My heart demanded that I make her mind. It was for me love at first sight. It does not matter to me that Juliet is a Capulet and I am a Montague. Why should such foolishness stand in the way of our relationship? Capulet and Montague are just names and the feud that exists is really between our parents. I do not understand why their hatred has rained down the Montague and Capulet tree. I cannot just sit back and let a family name get in the way. I will not! I will put death to myself if I am denied the love of Juliet Capulet.


So, I am writing for your advice. What actions do I take to receive the only thing in the world I truly desire more than life itself?


Sincerely yours,

  

Romeo Montague

Montague Family Member

------------------------------------------  Response from the columnist----------------------------------------- 
Romeo Montague
05555 Montague drive
Lithonia, GA 30058
June 16, 2013


Dear Romeo:


The situation you are encountering is I must say, one for the history books. You are in love with a girl you are not even supposed to catch feelings for, a Capulet named Juliet.

 
My first thought on the matter was you should follow the regulations that have been set in place by both families, Capulet and Montague. Those rules state clearly thatNo Montague nor Capulet should have feelings or talk in friendship to either, for which both households hold a deep fuse grudge”. However upon thinking about your reasons, it makes sense that you would run full speed towards the girl you love the most. I do wonder what happened to Rosalina and how easily you forgot about her. However, that is a different matter.

 Romeo if you really love Juliet then you will do whatever it takes even if that means breaking the families’ rules. Do not let your love slip away from like a kid learning how to ice skate, for doing so you just might lose her forever. Also, I would like to suggest that you speak to Montague and Lady Montague about your feelings for Juliet. Perhaps you should plea with them to have a meeting with Juliet’s parents.


Finally Romeo, follow your heart! Follow your heart and do what you believe is right. I hope my advice will help guide you. I wish you the best of luck.


Sincerely yours,




Mr. Hunter
Advice Columnist



No comments:

Post a Comment